PE7: My Overwatch Ethos



Greetings, friends...

When Jesus died on the cross and then rose from the dead, the enemy was defeated...

...but the war didn't end.  In fact, it intensified.  We live in the midst of a fierce war between the Kingdom of God and the kingdom of darkness.  As followers of Jesus, the Eternal Master of Forces, Lord of War, and God of Angel Armies, we've been commissioned as warrior-saints in H-his Army.

The word overwatch is a military term.  Overwatch is a force protection tactic used in modern warfare, where one small military unit, vehicle, or aircraft supports another friendly unit while the latter is executing fire and movement tactics.  The term was coined in U.S. military doctrine in the 1950s.

An overwatching unit typically takes a vantage position (usually on high ground or atop a all structure with good with good covering and shielding), where it can observe the terrain far ahead, especially likely enemy positions and movements.  This allows it to act as a warning system against hostile aggression as well as provide effective covering fire for advancing friendly units.

In this episode, I'd like to lead you in a session of soaking prayer. where we avail ourselves of God's armament.  To engage in such prayer, I recommend that you sit down, close your eyes, and slow your breathing.  As you breath, take slow, deep breaths.

I'm going to add a little music as we pray through this meditation together.

I'll see you on the backside.

--

Holy Trinity…

I am strong in You and in Your mighty power and anointed authority (that is, the right of life-authorship and artistry), which You’ve given me--and continue to give me, continually and continuously, without end.

In this moment, O Holy God, as in every moment, I clothe myself with You and with the armor for war You’ve given me.  Empowered and clothed as such, I stand--in the ever-present here and now--with my family, friends, brothers, sisters, and allies against the enemies of my soul and the enemies of every soul here on planet Earth. My fight is not, at least ultimately, with flesh and blood.  My fight is with the rulers, authorities, and powers of this dark world, and, similarly, with the dark principalities and dark spirits (demons, imps, personalities, ghosts, disembodied entities, and evil presences) of evil at work in both the spiritual and natural realms.  In the Name of Jesus, I demolish strongholds; I pull down arguments and pretensions that set themselves up against You and the knowledge of You, O Trinity; and I take captive every thought so as to make it obedient to You.

With all this in mind, O God, I don the armor You’ve given me, so I’m able, during this present day of evil, to stand my ground (and even advance in it) effectively, efficiently, securely, confidently, and competently; and to neither fall for nor give way to the enemy’s momentary tactics or overarching strategies.

Clothed in You and Your armor, O God, I stand firm with…
  • The Belt of Truth, which is Y-you, Jesus--Y-your Presence, Y-your Words, Y-your Perspectives, and Y-your Wisdom (that is, Y-your Skill-in-living)--buckled around my waist;
  • The Breastplate of Righteousness, which is my right standing and rightwiseness with Y-you, Jesus (which Y-you won for me), set securely in place;
And...
  • My feet fitted and shod fully with the Readiness (likened unto a sheathed sword) that Comes from the Gospel of Y-your Jesus Life—You’re Shalom Life, Y-your Revel Life.
In addition…
  • I take up the Shield of Faith, which is my all in—"putting to flight"--belief and trust in Y-you, Jesus, and with which I’m able to quench the flaming, asocial (that is, unmercifully and nihilistically destructive) arrows and blades of the trinity of evil the very moment they’re flung at or thrust at me or at those for whom I’m providing this overwatch;
  • I guard my heart and mind with the Helmet of Y-your Shalom and Salvaging Life, Jesus, which is the everlasting and Divine union, intimacy, oneness, connectedness, integratedness, and congruency I share with Y-you and Y-your people;
And…
  • I martial the Sword of the Spirit, Jesus, which is Y-you--the Divine Expression and Eternal Living Word (that is, the Logos and Rhema) of our Eternal Papa. O God,  I train with it continually and continuously, without end; and, when it counts, I wield it skillfully and successfully, both internally and externally.  In fact, my external deployments are simply the natural, organic fruiting of the internal dispositions and processes already occurring within my good, kind, happy, and free heart.
As Y-your fierce lover, Jesus, I Spirit-pray on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.  As Y-your commissioned emissary and tender-hearted, Jedi-like, warrior-poet, I stand alert, ready, and able to fight with Y-you to rescue hearts, extend Y-your Kingdom, drive out demons, heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, and raise the dead (both materially and immaterially).  I’m on alert.  In fact, I’m always on alert. Even now, as I voice these things, O God, I’m on alert and standing watch actively--yet restfully--in and with Y-you.

Accordingly, I pray diligently for each saint (that is, freed and set-apart one) or captive (that is, bound and injured one) as he (or she) crosses my attention span or lingers in my heart or mind.  In Your Spirit, O Trinity, I speak over the many arenas of his existence and influence, and I bind and ban the enemy from his life.  Further, I loose, through becoming an entry portal for Your intervening work--Your mediated, Personal and Ever-present Graces, which, mysteriously, honor (and never violate) the free will or inviolable identity of a single person--to heal, restore, and fill damaged, abandoned, forsaken, and cursed places, spaces, gaps, times, and relationships.  I do this, too, to bring about…
  • Increased awakening, comfort, healing, and identity restoration.
  • New growth.
  • New and enhanced training circles, modalities, and opportunities.
  • Martial prowess.
And…
  • A renewed enthusiasm for life and for every no-thing (that is, life-giving expression, generative creation) that has life.
Operating in The Redemptive Way like this, O Jesus, is crucial to my living out the Jesus Life—the Shalom Life, the Revel Life—Y-you gave me.   I do this confidently, because I know it’s really Y-you who’s living and expressing Y-yourself for, in, with, through, and (mysteriously) AS me anyway.  As Y-you are, so am I; as Y-you are, so shall I be--both now and forevermore!   Also... I am Y-yours, and Y-you are mine, and we will live that way together as lovers forever!

Amen, and AMEN.
 
--

Additional Martialing Preparations...

Happy Father…

Place a high hedge of thorns and set an effective collection of integrated protections and defenses around and about my mind-brain/body composite (that is, my whole person).  Please protect me from the attacks and assaults of my enemies.  Rise up, O Father, and defend me; come quickly to my aid, and rescue me from the fowler’s snare.  For Thou, O Lord, Art a Shield About Me; and Thou, O Lord, Art My Refuge and Ever-present Help in Times of Difficulty, Trouble, and Distress.

--

Lord Jesus Christ…

In the power and authority, which Y-you’ve given me, and under the loving and protective overwatch Y-your Holy Spirit provides for me and for all those I love and care about, I--AS Y-you living AS me—hereby make my stand against my enemies and Y-your enemies.  As always, Y-your enemies are my enemies, and my enemies are Y-your enemies.

Amen, and AMEN!!

--

Today's MRL Maxim:  We are at war.

--

Today's MRL Call-to-action:  Pray through this meditation often.  Ask Jesus to illuminate the offensive and defensive weapons H-he's given you.  Ask H-him, too, to open your eyes to the enemies strategies and tactics in your life and in the lives of those you love and care about.

--

So... there you go, friends.  Go, and think upon these things.  Do the work, and BE revellious.

Until next time…

We (and that includes you and me!!)...

Are the few... the proud... THE REVELLIOUS.

Dave out…

_______

ABOUT DAVE


Beyond being an imager, lover, imitator, and follower of Jesus Christ, Dave Brown is nothing more than a contemplative artist of life in desperate need of His Master:  The Triune God.  His greatest desire is to experience loving and Divine intimacy with God Almighty (the Trinity).  After that, it’s to walk before Them—in and with great holiness, humility, and revelliousness of heart—all the days of his life.  To meet his needs, Dave works as an ecological engineer, inventor, writer, life- and business-coach, and personal trainer (in mixed martial arts, holistic life-discipline, and meditative prayer).  If you’re interested in engaging with Dave in conversation or through personal one-on-one training in living revelliously, you can connect with him through MyRevelLife.com and The Revellious Podcast.  If you’re interested in his engineering and inventiveness sides, please visit his other website here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BP23 Life and Work

BP25: Make Exercise (and Movement) a Part of the Culture of Your Life

BP 31 Faith, a Meditation...