BP52 - When I Die, I will Not Go with Death

This is my response to the following quote by Sengai [see Note at the end of this post]:  When I die, “I will not go with death…”

Earlier in life, I thought I was unattached (and that I should strive always to be and remain unattached) to the continuing of my life, but these thoughts were not true. Why? Well, in all honesty, because I’m wholly attached to life (as I should be!). I’m attached to living… to continuing to live… to continuing to be me. Having no attachments is not the aim; rather, living, being wholeheartedly alive, being wholeheartedly attached to living, and being wholeheartedly attached to The Source of All Life—is the aim. These beliefs, these feelings, and these notions were not placed in me by me. No. They were seeded there by another: By The One who made me; by The Author, Pioneer, Perfecter, and Finisher of All Life (and not just of my own). His Name is YHVH… The Eternal One… The Eternal Name of Existence… The Master of Forces… The One Whom C.S. Lewis Called [in The Narnian World of his (that is, Lewis’) creation] “Aslan.” The Messages Jesus has been sending to me are as follows:

A/That I’m eternally loved.

B/That I’m made to live without ceasing.

C/That I’ll always be loved.

And…

D/That I’ll never cease (that is, die, cease to exist, cease to live).

As I stand at the precipice and look out over the great unknown, these thoughts, these feelings, and these visions of “the world and glorious, lingering life to come” make me feel so very happy. Yes, “I will not go with death.” When I die, death will die from me… BUT I WON’T! And if you know Jesus, neither will you! Thank H-him for this, and praise H-his Holy, Righteous, and Life-giving Name!

Peace to you...

Note:  Sengai was a Japanese monk.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BP23 Life and Work

BP25: Make Exercise (and Movement) a Part of the Culture of Your Life

BP 31 Faith, a Meditation...