BP 63: Honoring the Holy Spirit in Prayer

 

Provided below is a way in which I honor the Holy Spirit in prayer.  This is apart of my praying through the hallowed be Thy Name portion of The Our Father Prayer:

--

Holy Spirit… The Breath of I AM and The Unquenchable Fire of the Almighty…

As The Eternal Third Person of The Trinity, I want to honor You and who You are. You, O My Counselor and Advocate, are NOT “A Divine After-thought, Catch-all, or Drop-cloth.” NO! Not only are You My Moment-to-moment Companion, Comforter, and Teacher, but You’re also The Indwelling Presence, Authority, and Power of The Trinity Living within Me. You, O God, are The Eternal One… He Who Makes Me to Be and Become (ever-increasingly and—as an essential part of who I am—as Your Eternal-imager, -lover, -imitator, -prisoner, -slave-saint, -partner, -friend, and -follower)…

1/Holiness; humility; and purity-, Nobleness-, Wholeness-, Fullness-, and Revelliousness-of-heart-mind.

2/The Consummate, Tender-hearted Warrior.

3/The Extermination of Fear.

4/The Manifestation of Goodness [true to myself and to who I am as God’s Imager, Lover, Imitator, and Follower], Selflessness, Joyful Presence, and Everlasting Gratefulness.

And…

5/The Incarnational Unfolding of Your Perfect Lovingkindness and Infinitely Forgiving Heart.

When I was very young, O God, You were The Humble, Gentle, Calming, and Beckoning Voice I heard in my heart-mind. You also were The One, Who Guided and Protected Me during all those many difficult and perilous events and seasons I endured and suffered through during my early years. Your Words, O Spirit, have always been such A Light and Comfort to Me. Even now, I’m so very grateful for the many ways in which You speak so tenderly, truthfully, and matter-of-factly to me as You woo me to Papa, Jesus, and Yourself. You, O My Righteous God, are…

1/Life, Light, and Love.

2/Glory, Goodness, and Gladness.

3/The Breath of The Trinity and of My Unending Life.

4/Energy, Wonder, Curiosity, Gentle Strength, Calming Wildness, and Ever-expanding Paradox and Mystery.

And (as some of the ancients called You)…

5/“A Pillar of Fire” and “The Ineffable Cloud of Unknowing.”

You, O My God, are The Wisdom of the Ages; and You’re The Infinite Polymathic Genius of Both Common and Uncommon Sense. Thank You for opening my spirit-eyes and -ears so I could see Jesus as H-he is and hear, remember, and understand more fully H-his Words to me. You, O My Ever-present Reality, are The Eternal One… He in Whom and with Whom I’ve Been Anointed. You, O God, are The Candle in My Soul and the Roaring Flame in My Heart-mind.

Divine Partner… Partner with me to bring glory and honor to Jesus, Papa, and You.

Thank You for loving me, and thank You for being all I’ve ever needed You to be (and more)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BP23 Life and Work

BP25: Make Exercise (and Movement) a Part of the Culture of Your Life

BP 31 Faith, a Meditation...