BP50 - No


The older I get the more “No” I say.

These days, I say “No” to a lot of really good things. I do that, so I can say “Yes” to great things.

This is the overarching philosophy behind true minimalism. A minimalist is NOT just someone who lives with less. A true minimalist is one who embodies an intentional purpose behind living with less. For me, as a minimalist, I’m constantly looking for opportunities and ways to quell from my life those things and no-things that don’t matter much to me so I can pursue those things and no-things that do matter much. In a way, I’m a maximalist. I’ve minimized engaging in those things and no-things I don’t care about, so I can maximize engaging in those things and no-things I truly love and that make me come alive as a person.

Learn to say “No.” It will bring life and meaning not just to your “Yeses” but, ultimately, to your life and personhood.

Peace…


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BP23 Life and Work

BP25: Make Exercise (and Movement) a Part of the Culture of Your Life

BP 31 Faith, a Meditation...