“Entering the Iron: Taking the Way that Hurts” Pain. We all feel it, struggle with it, suffer through it. As challenging as it is to bear, I’m exceedingly grateful for pain; for it, in and of itself, can be intensely illuminating. Pain, if I’m listening properly to it, can tell me a lot about my current situation. It can tell me… 1/When there’s something wrong within myself. 2/When a perceived wrong is being (or has been) committed against me. 3/When I perceive that I’m committing (or have committed) a wrong against someone else. 4/When I’ve exceeded my limits. Like when I’ve pushed myself too far and taken ill or suffered a repetitive-use injury, a sprained ankle, or a pulled muscle. 5/When I haven’t pushed myself far enough and am suffering the pangs of guilt arising from half-hearted, easy-way-out behaviors. 6/When I lose something and feel really badly about it (or don’t). It can be really illuminating to lose something and yet not only NOT feel badly about it but feel relieve...
Greetings... Provided below is a prayer I crafted many years ago. In this prayer, I ask God to help me slow down so I can be with Him more The Way He Is With Me. Consider adding a prayer like this to your life shared with God. In all arenas of my life, I've begun to consciously aim at moving at "Godspeed." In my experience, it would seems God moves at a pace that more resembles that of a turtle, sloth, or snail than any other creature. If you feel distant from God, perhaps the best way to catch up to Him is to slow down. Below the prayer is a link to video I've been watching at least once a quarter for the last ten years or so. Peace to you, Friends... -- Holy, Glorious, and Gracious God… I know that when I speak, You Always Hear me. In fact, I know that every time I say (or try to say) something to You, You’re Always Far More Ready to Listen to Me than I Am to Speak. I know, too, that every time I listen (or try to listen) to You, You’re Always Far More ...
Greetings... This post is NOT my attempt to control anything anyone posts. That's not my place. I'd rather use this forum to encourage anyone who posts on social media to post only things that are GOOD , TRUE , and/or BEAUTIFUL . If what you're about to post is neither GOOD , TRUE , nor BEAUTIFUL , do us all a favor and keep it to yourself. Speaking up for myself only (and whomever might like to join me in this), I'm not interested in anyone's partisan-driven political views. Most partisan-driven political posts that I encounter on social media often lean toward the extreme and, most likely, find their basis in half-truths, egregious polemics, flagrant exaggeration, and outright falsehood. Often, such posts label those who disagree with the one who posted it as being totally worthy of public shaming (or worse). That's really saddening to me. In the past, I've posted political opinions. And I regret those that were partisan-driven....
Comments
Post a Comment