BP 87 - Am I Still a Sinner? (No.)
When I was conceived, I was conceived with the disease of sinfulness. Did I create the disease called sinfulness or the disease-nature (that is, a diseased second-nature) that was already at root within me from the start? No. Am I responsible for every sin I commit? Yes. As A Follower of Jesus, my fallen nature was Annihilated on The Cross. While I still carry residuals and echoes of the fallen nature, I am No Longer a Sinner. I am A Son of The Father, and I’m A Baby Brother of Jesus. I’m also The Rightwiseness of God. Regarding the residuals and echoes I just mentioned, can they be progressively exterminated? Yes. In addition, I can, through my own Holy Spirit-channeled Agency, choose to be Impregnated with God-wisdom and God-life.
My Friends... Many in The Church teach that I (and you), as A Follower of Christ, am still a sinner. I believe that's a lie. While I still sin, I'm NOT a sinner. I'm Papa's Son, I'm Jesus' Baby-brother, and... I'm The Holy Spirit's Temple-oasis. In The Scriptures, God frequently contrasts His Followers with "sinners." Why would He do that if His Followers are STILL sinners? Such a notion feels illogical to me.
Peace...
Comments
Post a Comment